Why We Need Truck Drivers
Technology allows us to control so much of our lives—we shop, we browse, we research, we buy.
- How much plane and train infrastructure would be required to support the nation? What about other delivery models (i.e., drones)?
- Would more people grow their own food? What about those in urban areas?
- How would banking react without trucks to move money to different locations? Would it spur an online only system?
- Would people move across the country to be closer to intermodal/air hubs or states that have a wide array of grown and manufactured products?
- How would the job market and unemployment rates change with more than three million additional people hunting for career opportunities?
- How many brands and products would disappear entirely?