Understanding The Impact Cyber Threats Have On Supply Chains
Relying on many moving parts and technology, today’s supply chains are especially vulnerable to cyber threats.
- Plans for new US space launch vehicles being stolen by foreign hackers (2006)
- Spywares were found in the computers of classified departments and corporate leaders during a China Aerospace Science & Industry Corporation (CASIC) intranet network surveyed (2007)
- The Canadian Finance Department and Treasury Board were forced to disconnect from the internet after a major cyber attack was conducted against the country’s Department of National Defence (2011)
- Target (2013)—the data of 110 million customers and at least 40 million payment cards were stolen. The attackers got in by stealing the network credentials from one of its vendors.
- Home Depot (2014)—like the Target attack the year before, the people responsible stole the credit card information of its customers. The weak point was also a third-party vendor.