Smart Technology, Digital Disruption, The Internet Of Things, And CIOs
Smart Technology, Digital Disruption, and the Internet of Things: key topics at this year’s annual Logistics CIO Forum held at the Hyatt Place, Schiphol Amsterdam this year. On February 16 and 17 Top IT executives at logistics companies will come together to discuss the latest trends and developmenst in their field.LogisticsMatter has again joined eyefortransport as a Media Partner for this event
- How do CIOs leverage the technology required to achieve flexibility and agility to re-route and redistribute consignments according to the customers’ demands and needs?
- Explore whether control towers and decentralized technology approaches will fit your business better to adhere to the current market demands and optimise your transportation network.
- Explore the world of the sharing economy; find what this means for logistics, and how technology is enabling logistics companies to indulge in new business models driven by the ‘shared’ mindset.
- Discuss how CIOs can use integrated solutions and collaboration concepts such as omni channel distribution, smart city planning and shared fleet management strategies to model a new cohesive supply chain and distribution architecture that will yield efficiency and cost reduction in the industry.
- Asses how tech driven logistics organisations are expanding into new emerging markets and learn how traditional organizations can keep pace. Is it investing in innovation labs within your organisations or by learning how to embrace and adapt to new technologies?
- Are likes of Uber, Amazon and UShip real threats to the logistics industry? Should you try to outshine these tech-driven businesses at their own game? Or work with them? Hear from established logistics CIOs on how they can match the agility of start-ups, whilst leveraging the experience and scale of being an established market player.
- Discuss how using big data, convenience, personalisation, and contextual services will help your logistics organisation be more flexible, nimble and adaptable in the new digital era. Does your business need to internally invest more into technology or explore inorganic driven growth through mergers and acquisitions to gain access to new markets and fresh ideas to remain agile and competitive in the logistics ecosystem?
- Understand customer’s demands for instant access to: view and review products, select and deselect products, sample and purchase, as well as consuming and appreciating products in the manner and at the time of their choosing. Learn how this can be achieved by proactive responses, advanced planning and optimisation strategies that can be adopted by CIOs to keep pace with customers.
- Logistics must use digital channels to architect seamless and consistent engagement with their customers to meet their demands and expectations. Learn what advantages your organisation could gain by applying techniques such as systematic text analytics, predictive analytics, pattern recognition and automated responses to ensure shippers are receiving exceptional service.
- Discuss the advantages of digital engagement and how, through technology, this allows a comprehensive assessment of customer satisfaction by merging multiple extensive data sources. Determine how using a combined evaluation of all records from customer touch points, operational data and logistics service quality, plus available external data, can ensure customer retention.