Winner announced for Maersk and eft Disrupt Logistics Hacakthon
Chicago, June 14th, 2017 – A winning team has been selected at eft’s 2017 Disrupt Logistics Hacakthon supported by Maersk that took place in conjunction with the North American 3PL and Supply Chain Summit.
4 teams were given 6 hours to develop a pitch for a product or solution tackling one of the below challenges.
- Container Load Optimization- build a product or solution to maximize the number of boxes that can fit into a shipping container.
- Provide a web service that allows the user to filter a specific carrier and country (origin/destination) and track the location of all vessels within.
- Develop a product or solution that can help a shipping container line differentiate themselves from the competition.
A group of judges were then tasked with quizzing each team on their pitches and choosing a winner.
- Drew McElroy, CEO, Transfix
- Raanan Cohen, CEO, Bringg
- Bill Carver, VP Sales, JB Hunt
- Brandon Doms, Co-founder and CTO, Shurpa
- Swanie Tolentino, Watson Supply Chain, IBM
- Peter Hendrix, eCommerce Ambassador, Maersk Line
The winning team presented a pitch reimagining the shipping container, allowing it to be used for mixed goods.
The team consisted of :
- Dayna Raju
- Chelsea Bohmer
- Scott Evanson
- Adam Poehlmann
- Eric Kleiser
All from C.H. Robinson.
Transfix and Bringg also contributed prizes for the winning team.