Winner announced for Maersk and eft Disrupt Logistics Hacakthon
A winning team has been selected at eft’s 2017 Disrupt Logistics Hacakthon supported by Maersk that took place in conjunction with the North American 3PL and Supply Chain Summit.
Chicago, June 14th, 2017 – A winning team has been selected at eft’s 2017 Disrupt Logistics Hacakthon supported by Maersk that took place in conjunction with the North American 3PL and Supply Chain Summit.
4 teams were given 6 hours to develop a pitch for a product or solution tackling one of the below challenges.
1. Container Load Optimization- build a product or solution to maximize the number of boxes that can fit into a shipping container.
2. Provide a web service that allows the user to filter a specific carrier and country (origin/destination) and track the location of all vessels within.
3. Develop a product or solution that can help a shipping container line differentiate themselves from the competition.
A group of judges were then tasked with quizzing each team on their pitches and choosing a winner.
· Drew McElroy, CEO, Transfix
· Raanan Cohen, CEO, Bringg
· Bill Carver, VP Sales, JB Hunt
· Brandon Doms, Co-founder and CTO, Shurpa
· Swanie Tolentino, Watson Supply Chain, IBM
· Peter Hendrix, eCommerce Ambassador, Maersk Line
The winning team presented a pitch reimagining the shipping container, allowing it to be used for mixed goods.
The team consisted of :
· Dayna Raju
· Chelsea Bohmer
· Scott Evanson
· Adam Poehlmann
· Eric Kleiser
All from C.H. Robinson.
Transfix and Bringg also contributed prizes for the winning team.