Retail Survey: Customer Experience Now A Top Priority in Supply Chain Operations
67 percent of retailers say gaining greater control of CX is crucial or very important to delivery
- More than 83 percent confirm CX is a company-wide goal, with nearly 56 percent reporting CX measurement is key to operational decisions.
- In addition, 67 percent say gaining greater control of CX is crucial or very important to delivery.
- Only three percent say current systems “fully support efforts to improve the customer experience” while more than 66 percent report existing systems do nothing to improve CX.
- Nearly 72 percent say improving access to data for in-transit shipments across consumer service, operations and logistics teams is crucial or very important.
- Similarly, 70 percent confirm it is either crucial or very important to improve “bidirectional communication” with consumers regarding their delivery expectations, package tracking and resolution of delivery options.
- Another 70 percent agree that “the ability to take dynamic and proactive action on in-transit issues (i.e., re-routing or expediting shipments, communicating efficiently with carriers),” is crucial or very important.
- More than 50 percent say reducing costs and improving margins is still crucial, with another 28 percent saying it is very important.