The 12th annual eft North American 3PL Customer Choice Awards will take place this year on June 11th 2014 in Chicago, Illinois.
2014 eft 3PL Awards Shortlist Revealed - Voting Now Open
The awards celebrate the top 3PL’s in 10 different industry verticals for excellence in service delivery as selected by leading manufacturers and retailers.
This year’s industry judging panel, comprising of senior manufacturers, retails and industry experts has just released the shortlist for this year’s nominations.
A new category we are adding this year is ‘Best 3PL for e-commerce fulfilment’. This is a highly specialized area, and one that everyone can see is growing hugely. Chris Saynor, eft CEO explains more about this award. “Which 3PLs have been able to successfully take advantage of the opportunities, and been able to deliver their services in a successful manner to their clients in this arena? Rather than get our judges to name a shortlist, this award will be decided by a completely open vote by retailers and other corporate users of 3PLs in this space. Please note we are not looking for the best pure parcel delivery company for home delivery such as the USPs, but the best 3PL who has services that assist retailers in their e-fulfilment capabilities.”
Voting will be open until the 28th of May make sure you get your vote in before then.
The 2014 3PL Awards Judging Panelists can be found here
The 2014 Nominees are:
Best 3PL for Automotive
- APL Logistics, DHL-Exel, Kuehne + Nagel, Menlo Worldwide, Neovia, Penske, UPS, Universal
Best 3PL for Chemical, HazMat, Oil & Gas
- A&R Logistics, Agility Logistics, BDP, Chemlogix, Crane Worldwide, Jacobson, LMS Logistics, Odyssey Logistics & Technology
Best 3PL for Consumer Goods
- C.H. Robinson, DHL-Exel, Genco, Jacobson, Kane is Able, OHL, Transplace, Unyson Logistics - a Hub Group Company, UPS
Best 3PL for Fresh Food Supply Chains
- Americold, Lineage Logistics, C.H. Robinson, Preferred Freezer Services, Saddle Creek, Total Quality Logistics, Transplace
Best 3PL for Industrial Supply Chain
- BNSF Logistics, CEVA, DB Schenker, GENCO, LeanLogistics, Neovia, UPS
Best 3PL for Pharma/Lifesciences/Healthcare
- Cardinal Logistics/Greatwide Logistics, Catalent, DHL-Exel, Kuehne + Nagel, MD Logistics, UPS, UTi,
Best 3PL for Retail
- Damco, DHL-Exel, GENCO, Total Quality Logistics, Transplace, UPS, XPO Logistics
Best 3PL for Sustainability
- Alliance Shippers, Expeditors, GENCO, Odyssey Logistics & Technology, Ryder, Transplace, UPS, XPO Logistics
Best 3PL for Hi-Tech & Electronics
- Arvato, DB Schenker, FedEx SCS, Kuehne + Nagel, ODW Logistics, Menlo, New Breed Logistics, Panalpina, Ryder, syncreon, UPS
Best 3PL for eCommerce as open vote
The winners of the final round of customer voting will then be announced and celebrated at the annual 3PL Summit & Chief Supply Chain Officer Forum – the major industry meeting place for 3PLs and 3PL users. The Gala Awards Reception will be held on a boat cruise on Lake Michigan coinciding with a silent charity auction on the evening of June 11th as eft is fundraising money for Aspire, please click here to read more. This will be attended by 600 executives, including the CEOs of many top 3PLs, and VP & SVP supply chains from major customers.
“With the demand for effective 3PL solutions continuing to grow, a nomination for an eft 3PL Award represents a demonstration of excellence in service delivery of service as recognized by each leading company’s industry peers” says Chris Saynor, eft CEO.
Check out everything you need to know about the awards here and for pictures and details on last year’s winners.
The British International Freight Association (BIFA) has named Robert Keen as its new Director General to succeed Peter Quantrill who retires from the trade association in August.
Georgia Logistics compiles a monthly set of facts and figures regarding the Logistics Markets. We selected a few facts to share with you :-
John Wagner Jr. looks at figures from across the logistics industry and how they point to a slow but steady recovery for the US economy